I've reinvented the classic egg on toast. It's easy, and a hole lot kinder on your waisteline! Trust me, once you've tried this you'll never turn back!Here's what you'll need:
1 egg (but you can have more if you want)
Some sliced bread (you can use whatever you have/prefer, and it doesn't matter if it's a bit stale either)
Some butter/marg/olive oil
A rollin' pin
A cup/bowl/small dish/cake tin (use whatever you have:the bigger your chosen dish, the more eggs and bread you'll need)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180
2. Cut the crusts off your bread. This is'nt particularly important, so if you can't be bothered, just skip this step.
3. Roll the bread out as thin as you can get it with your rollin' pin.
4.Butter one side of the now-wafer-thin bread, or spread it with olive oil to stop it from sticking to the dish.
5.Squish the bread into your dish BUTTER SIDE DOWN, making sure there are no gaps for the egg to escape! You want to completley line the dish with the bread; up the sides too, just as you would if you were making a tart with pastry.
6. Now, the easy bit. Just crack your eggs directly into the bread casing.
7.Stick a bit of seasoning on the top. Salt and pepper is fine, but you can add other things like chilli flakes if thats what you fancy.
8. Bung it in the oven until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
9. Apply favourite condement. Enjoy.